PHILADELPHIA, July 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Aramark, a global leader in food, facilities management and uniforms, and The Culinary Institute of America (CIA), the world's premier culinary college, are pleased to announce the graduation of 29 chefs from the prestigious ProChef® Certification program. These Aramark chefs serve colleges, universities and preparatory schools, as well as stadiums, arenas, convention centers and entertainment venues across the United States and Canada, and join the more than 200 Aramark chefs who have already received their ProChef certification.
"These chefs are dedicated to honing their craft. The CIA's ProChef Certification gives them a way to benchmark their accomplishments," says Certified Master Chef Brad Barnes, director of CIA Consulting and Industry Programs. "We applaud Aramark for continuing its commitment to chefs, food, and our profession."
The CIA ProChef Certification is a three tiered, comprehensive professional development and culinary proficiency program which measures core culinary, managerial and financial acumen, including a chef's skill in flavor development, proper cooking methods, dish profile authenticity, plating, use of ingredients and sanitation.
"Aramark is honored to partner with The Culinary Institute of America and we congratulate our chefs on this outstanding achievement," said Harrald Kroeker, Chief Operating Officer at Aramark. "Our chefs are relentless in their pursuit of culinary perfection and continuing education, and we thank them for their continued dedication to delivering exceptional dining and guest experiences, to enrich and nourish the lives of our clients and consumers."
The ProChef Certification program was created by the CIA to provide hands-on skill validation, recognize professional achievement and give knowledge and credentials to advance chefs' careers. Certification from the CIA provides the ultimate stamp of approval in the culinary world.
The following Aramark chefs received their ProChef II or ProChef III Certification over the past year:
ProChef Level II:
- Ben Maiorano, University of Hartford (Hartford, CT)
- Brielle Bustamante, University of Dallas (Dallas, TX)
- Brooks Magnuson, Tacoma Convention Center (Tacoma, WA)
- Chris Purdue, Oregon Convention Center (Portland, OR)
- Craig Fincher, Clemson University (Clemson, SC)
- Elizabeth Rivasplata, Rogers Centre (Toronto, ON)
- Hamilton Goss, Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, VA)
- Hunter Stegall, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (Chapel Hill, NC)
- Jeremy Elmore, Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)
- Jeremy Reimer, University of Nevada Las Vegas (Las Vegas, NV)
- Joseph Gervais, University of Maine Presque Isle (Presque Isle, ME)
- Josh Taylor, College of Charleston (Charleston, SC)
- Kevin Riley, Raymond James Stadium (Tampa, FL)
- Kyle Johnson, American University (Washington DC)
- Mark Hermes, Loyola University Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- Richard Grab, Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA)
- Scott Pampuch, University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN)
- Shannon Wisner, Portland'5 Centers for the Arts (Portland, OR)
- Stephen Aheimer, FirstEnergy Stadium (Cleveland, OH)
- Thomas Medrow, Lincoln Financial Field (Philadelphia, PA)
ProChef Level III:
- Chad Vandegrift, M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, MD)
- Dave Wasson, Randolph College (Lynchburg, VA)
- Erin Wishon, Arrowhead Stadium (Kansas City, MO)
- Iovonnie Negron, Citizens Bank Park (Philadelphia, PA)
- James Mehne, Kauffman Stadium (Kansas City, MO)
- Kit Swanson, University of California Irvine (Irvine, CA)
- Michael Reitman, Coastal Carolina University (Conway, SC)
- Stacy Wiroll, Aramark Innovation Center (Philadelphia, PA)
- Tonya Mitchell, College of Charleston (Charleston, SC)
About The Culinary Institute of America
Founded in 1946, The Culinary Institute of America is the world's premier culinary college. Dedicated to driving leadership development for the foodservice and hospitality industry, the independent, not-for-profit CIA offers associate degrees in culinary arts and baking and pastry arts; bachelor's degree majors in management, culinary science, and applied food studies; and executive education through its Food Business School. Its conferences and consulting services have made the CIA the think tank of the food industry in the areas of health & wellness, sustainability, world cuisines & cultures, and professional excellence & innovation. The college also offers certificate programs and courses for professionals and enthusiasts. Its worldwide network of 49,000 alumni includes leaders in every area of foodservice and hospitality. The CIA has campuses in New York, California, Texas, and Singapore. For more information, and a complete listing of program offerings at each site, visit the CIA online at www.ciachef.edu.
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) delivers experiences that enrich and nourish people's lives through innovative services in food, facilities management, and uniforms. United by a passion to serve, our 270,000 employees make a meaningful difference each day for millions of people in 21 countries around the world. Aramark is recognized as one of theWorld's Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, rated number one among Diversified Outsourcing Companies, as well as among the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160720/391406
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131212/PH32713LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/aramark-chefs-awarded-distinguished-prochef-certification-from-the-culinary-institute-of-america-300301477.html